The DTM reports directly to the Operations Manager (OM) / General Manager (GM) and the Assistant Manager (AM). Business demands may at points result in DTM being the most senior manager on duty therefore making them accountable for the sites performance and operation in the absence of the OM/GM/AM and Deputy Manager (DM). The DTM must have the ability to prioritise, multitask and be willing to work to the needs of the business. The DTM must lead from the front, consistently deliver excellent customer service, have strong people management skills and ensure the standards of the site are maintained to the highest level. The DTM will be expected to support other sites when they are faced with operational challenges so travel outside of their site area may be required.
The role description and responsibilities below are not exclusive and additional responsibilities and tasks may be required.
- Provide day to day strategic leadership to all site teams ensuring they set up with the correct resources, tools and materials to meet the business requirements.
- Ensure that workloads and tasks are appropriately delegated and effectively monitored.
- Set, monitor and regularly review team performance and objectives.
- Support in recruitment, induction and training of new staff members ensuring all documentation is captured and stored in line with company procedure and policy.
- Encourage effective communication and team work and instil a motivating and empowering working environment for staff.
- Assist in effective man management including (but not exhaustive) one-to-ones, departments meetings, full site meetings, probationary reviews and performance reviews.
- Work together with the OM/GM/AM to ensure the collaborative development of the business.
- Accurately forecast revenue to ensure effective staffing models are put into operation which balance cost reduction, excellent service delivery and delivering the company labour KPI.
- Control stock and place accurate orders ensuring a full range of socks, food and beverage are available to customers.
- Understand all controllable costs in connection to the site and influence effectively to maximise profit.
- Understand competitor products and offerings within the sites marketplace and suggest reactive solutions to OM/GM/AM.
- Ensure all daily and weekly reports are communicated to the Cluster Manager and Marketing Manager together with Directors that are accurate and on time.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, and all associated statutory requirements throughout all areas of the park.
- Provide a safe environment for staff, customers, members of the public and contractors both front of and back of house.
- Ensure all operational documentation is stored in line with company policy and procedure.
- Assist in delivering all safety related KPIs including accident rate and health and safety audit.
- Ensure the site is maintained to the highest standard.
- Identify value enhancing site improvements and make recommendations to the OM/GM/AM.
Operational and service
- The DTM must possess a full understanding of how each department operates so they can support when the site is in high demand OR at times be placed in any department when the site is operating on a skeleton model in order to control labour costs.
- Take part in Manager on Duty shifts as well as site opening and site closing shifts.
- Deliver effective and accurate communication and reports to the Cluster Manager and Marketing Manager together with Directors.
- Ensure all hourly, bi hourly, weekly and monthly procedures are conducted thoroughly and that the highest standards of site presentation and maintenance are delivered.
- Ensure highest level of service is delivered to customers, promoting repeat business and an environment to capture reviews across all social media platforms.
- Ensure any general complaints are dealt with swiftly with the overall aim to recover experience and encourage repeat business. For technical complaints ensure they are escalated to the correct function within the business.
To apply for this role at our Sheffield, Meadowhall park, please send your CV & cover letter to; email@example.com
To apply for this role at our Rotherham park, please send your CV & cover letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Haidar
To apply for this role at our Leeds park, please send your CV & cover letter to; email@example.com